5 FACTS ABOUT TATER TOTS
1. Tater Tots were first invented in 1953 at the Ore-Ida Labs
2. Tater Tots literally mean “baby potatoes”; tatter for potato & tots meaning little one
3. Americans consume over 70 million pounds or Tots per year.
4. Potatoes are the 4th most important crop in the world after wheat, rice & corn.
5. Tater tots are the most popular side dish in the American public school system.
Published by Culinary Chick
My name is Anna Hattauer and I love to cook. I am a personal chef living in Maryland.
I grew up in California, joined the United States Army right after high school, got married, raised three children while going to college and working full time. As a young military wife and mother, we didn't have the money to go out to eat on a regular basis and had to make each pay check stretch. I learned how to prepare meals that were delicious, while staying within budget. While working full-time in the corporate world with the usual 2-3 hour I-270 commute, coupled with school & sports events, scouts and taking care of three children, it was tough to find the time or the energy to come home and prepare healthy meals for my family.
Being a military family, we have traveled to many places around the world. I love trying new foods, the challenge of cooking new recipes and having friends over for dinner as well as cooking for special events. After cooking for my friends and family for over 25 years, I decided that I wanted to share my love of food and make people happy, so I dropped the corporate chaos and attended a formal culinary school and became a certified personal chef.
I am a member of the United States Personal Chef Association and I am licensed, insured and ServSafe certified.
View more posts