Hmm, while not a “food”, water should be a very important part of our diets. Personally, I try to make it a point to drink 100oz of water a day. My husband calls me a “wateraholic”, because of the amount of water I drink. How many ounces of water do you drink a day?
- Over 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- The recommended daily intake of water is 8 cups per day, but it can come through the consumption of food as well.
- There’s more fresh water stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- Drinking too much water too quickly causes water intoxication, caused by reduced sodium (salt) levels in the blood stream. Some confuse this with a “runner’s high”.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use about three tenths of a percent of it for drinking water.