Oh YUM!!! I love a grilled cheeseburger with all of the fixins’!!!
Here are five things to know about the cheeseburger!
- The oldest fast food restaurant in the world is the White Castle franchise, which opened in 1921.
- The people of America eat more burgers out at restaurants or on the go than they do at home.
- The largest hamburger ever created was over 8,000 pounds and was cooked for a burger festival in Wisconsin.
- However, the hamburger in its current form, with ground beef and a bun, is a decidedly American creation.
- Hamburgers are made of beef, not ham, and there is much debate over whether they actually originated in Hamburg.
Did you know that 25% of consumers list Five Guys as their favorite? Wendy’s comes in at 2nd Place with 21% and McDonalds comes in 3rd Place with 20%.
Apparently there are restaurants that are offering free or discounted cheeseburgers for National Cheeseburger Day! There are too many to list and not all are around my immediate are, so get on the computer and find that your favorite cheeseburger!!