Oh YUM!!! I love a grilled cheeseburger with all of the fixins’!!!
Here are five things to know about the cheeseburger!
- The oldest fast food restaurant in the world is the White Castle franchise, which opened in 1921.
- The people of America eat more burgers out at restaurants or on the go than they do at home.
- The largest hamburger ever created was over 8,000 pounds and was cooked for a burger festival in Wisconsin.
- However, the hamburger in its current form, with ground beef and a bun, is a decidedly American creation.
- Hamburgers are made of beef, not ham, and there is much debate over whether they actually originated in Hamburg.
Did you know that 25% of consumers list Five Guys as their favorite? Wendy’s comes in at 2nd Place with 21% and McDonalds comes in 3rd Place with 20%.
Apparently there are restaurants that are offering free or discounted cheeseburgers for National Cheeseburger Day! There are too many to list and not all are around my immediate are, so get on the computer and find that your favorite cheeseburger!!
Published by Culinary Chick
My name is Anna Hattauer and I love to cook. I am a personal chef living in Maryland.
I grew up in California, joined the United States Army right after high school, got married, raised three children while going to college and working full time. As a young military wife and mother, we didn't have the money to go out to eat on a regular basis and had to make each pay check stretch. I learned how to prepare meals that were delicious, while staying within budget. While working full-time in the corporate world with the usual 2-3 hour I-270 commute, coupled with school & sports events, scouts and taking care of three children, it was tough to find the time or the energy to come home and prepare healthy meals for my family.
Being a military family, we have traveled to many places around the world. I love trying new foods, the challenge of cooking new recipes and having friends over for dinner as well as cooking for special events. After cooking for my friends and family for over 25 years, I decided that I wanted to share my love of food and make people happy, so I dropped the corporate chaos and attended a formal culinary school and became a certified personal chef.
I am a member of the United States Personal Chef Association and I am licensed, insured and ServSafe certified.
View more posts